3.14 the accident
In March 2012, the raw material section of the cement plant was shut down for maintenance. One operator enters the tee at the bottom of the long belt to clean the lumped material, and the next person monitors it. Suddenly the long belt opens and the material falls from above the operator, hitting the operator. On the side of the guardian immediately contact the central control personnel stop, the operator rescued. No injuries were reported.
Cause of accident:
1. During shutdown, the long belt is not power off and not listed.
2. When the central control personnel started up, they failed to check the situation with the on-site personnel.
3. The guardian fails to fulfill the responsibility of safety guardianship. When the belt was opened, it was not detected and stopped in time.
Enlightenment and corrective measures:
1. When all equipment is stopped for maintenance, power must be cut off and listed.
2. During shutdown, the central control shall communicate and coordinate with field personnel to open any equipment, and confirm that the equipment to be opened is unmanned.
3. The safety supervision personnel shall take charge of the supervision and keep in touch with the maintenance personnel and the central control personnel in time.
Brady Mini Cable Lockout Device Small Adjustable Cable Lock Diameter 4mm
Durable Loto Cable Lock Flexible Steel Cable Lockout Dia. 6mm Length 2m
Master Lock Adjustable Cable Lockout Multiple Adjustable Steel CE Approved
Industrial Butterfly Valve Lockout Devices Small Ball Valve Safety Locks
Polypropylene Air Valve Lockout Devices Ball Valve Lock Open Device ABVL02
Master Gate Valve Locking Device Gate Valve Safety Lock For Valve Handle 5"
Power Cord Electrical Plug Lockout Device Lockout Tagout Electrical Equipment
Industrial Electrical Lockout Devices Master Lock Rotating Electrical Plug Lockout
Compact Electrical Plug Lockout Device Industrial Plug Lockout ABS Material